- CallSwitch must be version 4.0 at least
- TCP must be enabled system-wide. To make sure you have TCP enabled, in your CallSwitch GUI navigate to Settings -> Protocols -> SIP (tab) > TCP settings
- Format of voice messages must be wav
- SSL/TLS certificate must support SHA2
2.1 Logging in
CallSwitch Communicator requires an email address and password for login. Additionally, the server address may be needed if it can’t be found by resolving DNS record based on the email address.
You can enter the email address associated with your extension. This will be used as the username for the CallSwitch Communicator login.
To authenticate CallSwitch Communicator with your CallSwitch server you will also need to provide a user password generated on your extension.
- SCAN QR CODE
This button opens a camera preview for QR code scanning.
- FORGOT PASSWORD
By clicking this button, you will open a confirmation dialog for the password resetting. Email and optional server address fields need to be filled out before attempting a password reset.
- In case you have your own DNS server, CallSwitch allows you to create a DNSsrv record in order to login to CallSwitch Communicator simple and fast.
- In case this is not set up or if DNS resolution fails you will see a notification saying DNS resolution failed.
2.2 Logging in using QR code
It is possible to login into CallSwitch Communicator using a specially created QR code. This is often used and helpful when you log in with CallSwitch Communicator for the first time.
When the administrator creates your extension, you will be assigned a long, automatically generated user password on your email and typing it into CallSwitch Communicator can be error prone. In this case you can simply scan the QR code, you got in the email with your password, using SCAN QR CODE button and CallSwitch Communicator will fill out necessary fields.
2.3 Setting new password after logging in for the first time
When you log into CallSwitch Communicator for the first time, you will be asked to change your password. You will have to enter a new password and retype it in order to confirm it. In case you make a mistake, for example if the password entries do not match or in case the password is not strong enough, the NEXT button will stay disabled. Once your password matches our strength criteria you will be able to log in.